Uploading a product feed
1. Uploading a product feed
You can easily upload your product feed to Qonfi. A product title and url are mandatory when uploading a product feed. Other properties are optional. Following these steps to upload a product feed:
- Go to https://platform.getqonfi.com and sign in. Create an account if you don’t have an account yet.
- Click ‘Edit’ for the selling guide (wizard) you want to add your product feed to. If you don’t have any active selling guides, you can create one by clicking the blue button ‘add new wizard’.
- You’re now in the configuration interface for your selling guide. Click ‘feeds’ in the left navigation.
- Click the blue button ‘+add feed’.
- Give your feed a name by writing it in the ‘Name’ field.
- Paste the url of your productfeed in the ‘Url’ field. Supported formats are XML and CSV.
Product feed in Google Sheets?
- In Google Sheets click ‘file’ > ‘share’ > ‘publish to web’
- Click ‘web page’, a drop-down appears. Click ‘Comma-separated values (.csv).
- Click ‘Publish’ > Click ‘Ok’
- Copy the url which Google Sheets generated and paste it in the ‘url’ field in Qonfi.
7. Click the blue ‘+ save’ button.
8. Click ‘import data’.
2. Reviewing your product data at the ‘Feeds’ tab
You can review the product data by clicking on the ‘Feeds’ tab (left navigation) once you have imported your product feed.
Reviewing the number of imported products
- Next to the ‘Feeds’ tab you can see how many items are successfully imported.
- This is also shown within the ‘Feeds’ tab, above the product table at ‘ITEMS (X)’.
Hiding and showing properties for a better overview
Your imported products including their properties are shown in the product table. If you want to hide certain properties for a better overview, you can click on the particular property name, like ‘id’ . All hidden properties are displayed in the field ‘hidden properties’ (right column). If you want to show these properties again, you can click on the ‘X’ of a particular property.
Searching and filtering for specific products or properties
If you want to review a specific property or product(group) you can enter the specific property variable in the ‘Search’ field in the right column. The products will be filtered to contain this search term.
3. Mapping properties for the result page
Once you have imported your product feed in Qonfi and reviewed your product data you can ‘map’ the properties of your product feed to the default property fields in Qonfi. In the ‘Properties’ overview you can select and decide which properties you want to show on the result page, once a user reaches the results page and sees the suggested products. There are two different kinds of properties which can be mapped: ‘base’ properties and ‘additional’ properties.
3.1 Mapping base properties
- Click on the ‘Properties’ field in the left navigation.
- ‘Base properties’ have a fixed place (and order) on the result page. This includes the following properties:
- Title (required)
- Url/link (required)
- Image Url (optional)
- Price (optional)
- Sale price (optional)
- Label (optional: show a productlabel on your result page, like a promotion label or recommended label).
- Position (optional: sort your products on the result page)
Map your feed properties which you want to show on the result page, to the internal property fields in Qonfi. You can achieve this by clicking on the drop-down menu of each base property.
The following properties are required in your product feed in order to display results correctly on the results page:
- Title: The product title used for every result on the result page.
- Url: the final url of your product. Whenever a users clicks on a result on the result page, this is the url where the user will be sent to.
3.2 Mapping additional properties (used for product result page)
- Besides mapping base properties, you can ‘map’ and add additional properties to your result page. On the result page, ‘additional properties’ are added below the product title (see image below). These properties are added and summed with a ‘pipe’ (‘|’) below your product title when selecting multiple additional properties.
- On the right of the column ‘additional properties’ and beneath ‘preview’, you can preview how the selected properties are displayed on the result page.